Travel & Parking
Please be aware of parking signs surrounding the Claremont Showground to avoid receiving an infringement. The Town of Claremont Rangers regularly patrol the area for cars parked illegally, so please be courteous to local residents and park in accordance to the signage.
With the nearby developments still underway parking in the area and near Claremont train station is limited.
To help get around this inconvenience, this year we have a free parcel pick up area at Gate 12 (off Shenton Road) where you can leave an item(s) with us and return later with your car to collect it.
Please also be mindful of your surroundings when you park your car, ensure your car is locked and don’t leave valuables behind. For more information on safety, visit the WA Police website or download their ‘Tougher for Crooks’ information sheet.
Limited onsite parking is available for $5.00 per vehicle and this is managed by the Royal Agricultural Society of WA (cash & EFTPOS available at the gate).
Enter through Gate 8 on Ashton Avenue.
Their helpful parking attendants will be on hand to direct you to the nearest available parking spot. Please note that due to the size of the event, parking spaces within the venue are not guaranteed.
Parking in Surrounds
Public Parking organised by the Town of Claremont will be available at Rowe Park (nearest to Gate 1).
Dedicated ACROD parking bays are limited so please arrive early to avoid disappointment. Available at the following locations:
- Through Gate 8 (off Ashton Avenue)
- Through Gate 6 (off Graylands Road)
- Ashton Triangle (access via Stubbs Terrace, closest to Arena Gate)
- Graylands Road (closest to Gate 1)
- Tiger Way (closest to Gate 1)
A drop off/pick up point is available outside the Gate 1 entrance that may be available depending on road closures from the neighbouring development.
The Showground train station on the Fremantle line will be operational across Show opening times. Please be aware express trains do not stop at the Showground station.
Please note there are Transperth planned service disruptions to services Fremantle – Showgrounds.
For more information regarding the Fremantle Line Major Impacts, click here.
- Claremont Train Station will be closed throughout the event. The closest operating station will be Showgrounds Station, which is approximately 700m away.
- Trains will stop at Showground Station on all event days between 8am and 6pm. There is a direct entry into the event from Showgrounds Station.
- If you travel between Perth and Showgrounds stations, there will be no impact on your journey.
- If you travel between Fremantle and Showgrounds stations, you will need to change trains at Cottesloe Station and prepare for an increase in travel time due to the reduction in train frequency.
- Trains have been planned to connect at Cottesloe Station, however, passengers should allow up to an additional 30 minutes when travelling.
Visit www.transperth.wa.gov.au for up to date information on schedules, service replacements and directions to the Showground station.
Bus route 102 arrives at the Claremont Showground traveling from Perth CBD; and bus route 998 if travelling from Fremantle.
Visit www.transperth.wa.gov.au for schedules and directions.
Roadworks in Surrounding Area
- As of 1 February 2021 until 6 April 2021, Claremont Train Station will be closed for the Metronet works. Showground Station will be operating on Show Days.
- For the whole month of March, Shenton Road will be closed between Graylands Road and Davies Road for the extension of Claremont Train Station as part of the Metronet works.
- Claremont Crescent between Swanbourne Station and Stirling Road will be closed.
- Claremont Crescent between Stirling Road and Shenton Road will be closed during different times throughout March.